Get to know us
Members of the club made arrangements for the Distinguished Careers Awards luncheon held at the Needham High School in October.
We are a member of the Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts. Many Federation-sponsored activities are now held at the headquarters of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society at Elm Bank in Wellesley.
Further details about Federation activities may be found here in the Mayflower.
A Short History of the Needham Garden Club
The Needham Garden Club was founded in 1931 by Mrs. William F. Leach, President of the New Century Club, and was affiliated with that club.
In 1939, it became an independent organization and was "Federated 1939."
Books were kept beginning March 5, 1931. The report through February 1, 1932, shows $65.16 income and $42.25 expenses. Net cash on hand: $22.91.
Committees of the Club at that time were Conservation, Program, Horticultural, Hospitality, and Publicity.
Minutes for the Garden Club began June 14, 1937, Board minutes being the first ones preserved.
1st Vice President (Program)
2nd Vice President (Flower Arranging)
Nancy Agler, Diana Conroy & Jane Lischewski
Pat Hession & Bonnie Waters
Carole Grosberg, Lyn Jekowski & Nina Saltus